Hello Everyone! Today I have a review on Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette. I purchased this from Sephora, retailing for $27. It consists of 6 shadows 5 matte and 1 shimmer highlight.
The shades show up on the skin exactly how it appears in the palette.
The back of the box.
I love how the palette also comes with a full size mirror.
Compared to an iPhone 4s.
The front and backside of the palette.
I was a bit hesitant at first because I thought these shadows would be too light for my medium skin tone. But so far I am loving all the shades!
I usually write a note to myself when I purchase from Sephora, Ha!
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review
What I love
- The shadows are highly pigmented, I am not wearing any primer on the swatches photos above, I just applied it with my fingers and the shadows are buttery smooth.
- The colors are perfect! It is exactly what I'm looking for! Matte shades that I can wear everyday, with a shimmer highlight to brighten the eye.
- I love the size: small, compact, and light. It's definitely perfect for those who are on-the-go!
- The outside of the palette has a nice grip material and doesn't get dirty easily
What I don't love
- I don't know if it was just my palette, but I felt like the plastic inside of the palette was made cheaply, In the photo above, you can see the inconsistency of the plastic, it just "looks cheap." When I first opened the palette I thought the inside plastic cracked and all the shadows were going to break. But so far so good! Everything is still in place and I had this palette for over a month!
- This is a great palette to purchase for those who are looking into buying palettes for the first time. It's small, sleek, and compact and can be taken everywhere! You can wear these shades for school or at work, and for $27 I think it would be a great investment because the quality of the shadows. The palette does not come with a brush, but these shadows can be applied with the fingers.
I purchased this as a gift to myself and I think this would be a great gift for others!
Thank you for Reading! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs and Kisses-Vanessa Jhoy