Easy Healthy Granola
- 3½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds (or nut of your choice: walnut, cashew, pecan)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or un-sweetened)
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 cup honey (add ½ cup if you want bars)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Also need – parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Cover a rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry oats, nuts, seeds and spices together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat honey in a small saucepan over low heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the hot liquids over the dry ingredients and stir together with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture onto prepared pan in one even layer. Bake for 75 minutes.
- The granola will become crisp as it cools at which point you can break into pieces (if making bars) or break it up into small chunks by pounding it in a zip lock bag (if making cereal). Store in air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Most of the ingredients I purchased from Trader Joe's but any grocery store should have all of these ingredients. I rolled oats I purchased are also gluten free.
After the granola has been baking for 75 minutes they should come out like this.
Depending on how much honey you used. The oats can either come out in bar or cereal form. Or in my case a little bit of both!
Doesn't it look amazing?
Yumm it's so delicious and perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Thanks for Reading! -Vanessa Jhoy