- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup soft whole grain bread crumbs (1 slice)
- Boil 1¼ cups of water and stir in the quinoa. Simmer the quinoa covered for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the corn with the quinoa and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, cornmeal, chopped red onion, parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne pepper.
- Stir in quinoa and corn mixture and bread crumbs into the large mixing bowl.
- Shape quinoa mixture into ¾ inch-thick patties. Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through and golden, turning once.
The quinoa corn mix, doesn't it look so yummy!
Very simple process.
They taste as yummy as they look!
Watch the magic happen :)
This recipe is perfect for those who are on the go!
Thanks for Reading! -Vanessa Jhoy